Sunday, December 23, 2007

Critical Thinking Processes Part 3

I've finally had time to return to the blog. I'm keeping this short, only adding one reservation category, but I'm getting something posted NOW.
Causality
The causality reservation questions if a cause and effect relationship exists.


Job 22:3 Is it any pleasure to the Almighty that you are righteous, or gain to Him that you make your ways perfect?

Here Eliphaz is questioning if making Job righteous is of any gain to GOD.





Eve would have done well to apply this to the statement by the serpent in Genesis 3:5.

Gen 3:5 for God knows that in the day you eat of it, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as God, knowing good and evil.





Gal 4:16 So then did I become your enemy speaking to you the truth?
Here is a New Testament example of Paul question the Galatians if his speaking the truth caused him to become their enemy.
If you're reading this, and taking it seriously, I encourage you to check these examples in context . If you agree with me, watch for you own examples both in your life, and in your bible reading.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I am trying to track with you and getting an education as well. I have always been interested in logical thinking (truth)verses double mindedness or legalistic thinking.
You are right that the Bible is full of causality examples. The message that "you reap what you sow" is everywhere. The problem with the Pharisees was that they followed those rules to a tee but their hearts weren't right. Jesus always put a twist on the those rules of causality and took it deeper to the heart of the matter.
I look forward to more thinking lessons.....